CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - With the holidays upon us, it's a great time to show your appreciation for the dedicated teachers in your life.
Stay at Home Mom and Mass Appeal Viewer MaryRenee Lemberg joined us this morning with easy and fun Do it yourself gift ideas to make anyone feel extra special!
Hot Cocoa in a Jar Mix
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients together; mix very well to combine.
- Place into clean glass jars; seal tightly.
- Decorate as desired.
- The mixture will keep well tightly sealed for up to 3 months
Cookie in a Jar mix
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip
- 1 2/3 C. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 1 C. white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C. dried cranberries
- Beginning with the flour, layer the ingredients in the jar.
- Attach the following recipe:
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- Contents of jar
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. In a large bowl, cream the butter, eggs and vanilla. Add contents of jar and stir until well-mixed. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing about two inches apart. Bake for eight to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool for five minutes; then remove to a rack. Store airtight for up to two weeks.
- Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.
Caramel popcorn drizzled with chocolate and toffee -- very addictive! The sea salt adds another wonderful layer of flavor.
- 32 cups plain popped popcorn
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Chocolate & Toffee Drizzle:
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 225°F. Place popcorn in large roasting pan; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (8 to 10 minutes). Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. Carefully pour hot syrup mixture over popcorn in pan; stir until well coated.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, or until caramel corn is crisp. Immediately place caramel corn onto waxed paper. Cool completely.
- Place bittersweet chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power), stirring every 30 seconds, until melted (1 to 2 minutes). Drizzle over cooled caramel corn. Immediately sprinkle with toffee bits and sea salt, if desired. Let stand until drizzle is set.
- Store in container with tight-fitting lid.
- Store caramel corn in container with tight-fitting lid up to 2 weeks.