SUFFIELD, Conn. (Mass Appeal) - Chef Dave McGurn from Lincoln Technical Culinary Institute in Suffield, Connecticut will show you how to make grilled tuna Nicoise flatbread.
- 6 oz sushi grade tuna
- 1 each hardboiled egg (yolk removed)
- 2 oz Nicoise olive (or kalamata)
- 2 each red potato (boiled and cooled)
- 2 oz green beans (blanched and cooled)
- 3 oz plum tomato (oven roasted or sun dried)
- 1 oz shallot (roasted and cooled)
- 2 cloves garlic (roasted)
- 1/8 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/8 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 each whole wheat wraps
- Pre-heat grill or grill pan.
- Season tuna with salt & pepper and drizzle with a touch of olive oil. Grill 3-4 minutes per side or until rare to medium rare. Let rest.
- Cut vegetables in bite size pieces.
- In a bowl mix herbs, roasted garlic, vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Whisk olive oil into the herb mixture and season with salt & pepper.
- Slice tuna and arrange all ingredients in wrap and drizzle with vinaigrette. Wrap up tight, cut and serve with your favorite side.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Lincoln Technical Culinary School
1760 Mapleton Ave., Suffield, CT
(860) 668 - 3500