CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Get your kids in the kitchen to have some fun this Halloween! Give more treats and less tricks this Halloween with these kid-friendly recipes.
Mass Appeal viewer and stay-at-home mom MaryRenee Lemberg showed us how to make some fun Halloween Snacks!
- Smooth peanut butter
- 1 red apple, cored and sliced into eighths
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Miniature marshmallows
- Spread peanut butter on one side of each apple slice (squeeze a little lemon juice over the apple if not serving immediately).
- Place four miniature marshmallows on one apple slice and then lay another apple slice, peanut butter side down, on top.
- Rubber gloves
- Candy corn
- Orange Ribbon
- Spooky rings
- Form fingernails by putting one candy corn in the tip of each glove.
- Fill the glove with popcorn, leaving room at the wrist.
- Tie off with orange ribbon
- Add a fun spooky ring on finger
Candy Corn Parfaits
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- Two 6oz vanilla yogurt cups
- Clear plastic cups
- Drain crushed pineapple in strainer until excess liquid is gone
- Drain mandarin oranges
- Spoon pineapple in bottom of plastic cup
- Layer mandarin oranges on top
- Scoop half of yogurt cup on each parfait
- Serve chilled
- 1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package chocolate instant pudding mix, small pkg. (4-serving size)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip topping, thawed
- 1 package gummy worms
- Mini Milano Cookies
- Put cookies into a sealable bag and close tightly.
- Using a rolling pin, roll and crush the cookies until crumbly. Set aside.
- Pour the milk and chocolate instant pudding mix into a large bowl.
- Whisk well until all of the pudding mix is dissolved.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add the Cool Whip and 1/2 of the crushed cookies.
- Stir until well blended.
- Place a large spoonful of crushed cookies into the bottoms of the plastic cups.
- Add the pudding mixture on top of that until the cups are 3/4 full.
- Add 1 large gummy worm so that it is half in the cup and half hanging out of the cup.
- Spoon in more crushed cookie around the worm to hold it in place.
- Place mini Milano in top to make “grave stones”
- Serve chilled.