CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) -
Breed: Domestic Short Hair
Age: 1.5 years
Sex: Spayed Female
Color: White & Gray
Date of Surrender: 12/2012
I'm an affectionate feline who is described as a cat who loves all people. I'm friendly to family and visitors, talkative, and playful.
My foster family said I have simple tastes in toys, string is my favorite. My foster caregivers said that my best quality is that I am extremely lovable. I just want to be loved and pet. I have Feline Immunodeficiency Virus which means I must be an indoor only cat. I was originally a stray, that's probably how I became FIV+. But the good news is, FIV+ kitties can live full lives with only a couple of accommodations.
In addition to living inside, we need to have a good quality food, and see our veterinarians for routine check ups. FIV is not contagious to people or other species. It is cat related only. It is recommended that I be the only cat in the house or live with another FIV+ cat.
Updates on previous pets
Tux – still available :-( in Leverett.
Events and Updates
Have your dog or cat spayed/neutered by 12/20 and save $10! on our already low prices. Call 413-781-4019 and mention Pet Corner! Have a friend or family member who could use the help? Gift Certificates are available. $10 off coupon expires this week.
Dakin needs towels and empty litter buckets to use as perch and hidey houses for cats.
Holiday Tips to Keep Pets Safe
Table Foods, Moldy Foods and Poultry Bones: Pets should not be given holiday leftovers. Poultry bones can splinter and cause damage or blockage in the gastrointestinal tract. Moldy or spoiled foods could produce food poisoning, tremors or seizures.
No Chocolate: All forms of chocolate can cause vomiting, increased thirst and urination, diarrhea, hyperactivity, elevated heart rate and seizures. This can be lethal in large doses due to the caffeine and high fat levels in the product.
Grapes and Raisins: Ingestion of grapes and raisins has been associated with acute kidney failure in dogs.
Alcoholic Beverages: Never leave alcoholic drinks where pets can reach them. Ingested alcohol can potentially result in vomiting, diarrhea, lack of coordination, central nervous system depression, difficulty breathing, tremors, acidosis, coma and even death.
Ornaments, Ribbons and Tinsel: Ribbon and tinsel can cause a gastrointestinal blockage that can be life threatening to pets. Ornaments can be broken or swallowed whole.
Holiday Plants: Holly, mistletoe, and poinsettia can be very harmful to your pet. Eating any of these may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy, gastrointestinal upset and even cardiovascular problems. All of these plants should be kept out of reach.