SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - This weekend, get ready to get full because there's a lot of Greek food at the Glendi Greek Festival. Christine Tsandilas from St. George Cathedral in Springfield is here to help us make a tasty Greek treat!
Every year, St. George Cathedral offers thousands of visitors from far and near the best in traditional Greek foods, pastries, music, dancing, and old-fashioned Greek hospitality. In addition, we will be offering activities for children, tours of our historic Cathedral and Byzantine Chapel, various vendors from all of the East Coast and a joyful atmosphere that the whole family will enjoy.
In case you forgot, there's NOTHING quite like GLENDI!
Glendi Greek Festival:
Friday, September 6th
5:00pm to 11:00pm
Saturday, September 7th
Noon to 11:00pm
Sunday, September 8th
Noon to 7:00pm
St. George Cathedral
At the Greek Cultural Center
22 St. George Road
Traditional Greek food, music, dancing & more!
For more information, visit Glendi2013.com.
Greek Cheese Pie
- 1 1/2 lb. crumbled Feta cheese
- 16 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 pound Filo dough
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- Pepper to taste
- Combine cheeses and beaten eggs, mix well.
- Melt butter and layer Filo two at a time buttering every two layers on to a 8X10 pan.
- Use half the filo about 12 sheets, then place cheese filling and finish layering remaining Filo as done on bottom layers.
- Score top sheets before placing in oven and baking at 350 for about 45 min until a golden crisp.