HARTFORD, Conn. (Mass Appeal) - Domestic violence should not happen to anybody. Ever. But it does, and when it does, there is help. It is a critical national problem that affects us all.
Garland Higgins, Founder and Executive Director of God's Glorious Girls & Domestic Violence Survivor , told us how to detect warning signs.
Forms of Domestic Abuse:
- Control issue, controlling what you wear, where you go, who your friends are, financial abuse "allowance"
- Abusing your freedom
- Verbal abuse
- Slandering your reputation
- Embarrassing you in front of friends
- Making you feel like you are less than a person
- Embarass/put down
- Excessive control
- Constantly call, text, im
- Threaten to hurt you/loved ones
- Shove, slap or hit
- Tell you you are worth nothing
For more information, visit GodsGloriousGirls.org .