CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Dust off your slow cooker and combine a summertime favorite recipe with a comfort food staple! Ashley Blom from QuarterLifeCrisisCuisine.com joined us to show you how to make Crock Pot Country Style Ribs & Roasted Cauliflower Florets!
Roasted Cauliflower Florets
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tbs red pepper flakes
- 3 tbs-1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs Boyajian Wasabi oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.* Toss cauliflower with olive oil, cayenne, and salt and pepper.
- Lay cauliflower in single layer on a cookie sheet. Roast for 10 minutes, flipping halfway, until beginning to brown.
- Sprinkle with Wasabi oil, serve.
*Optional: for a softer inside, boil cauliflower for 5 minutes prior to dressing them to cook.
Crock Pot Country Style Ribs
- 3 lbs country style ribs, sliced into individual ribs if bought in slab form
- 2-3 bottles Open Pit BBQ sauce
- Put ribs an onions into crock pot. Cover generously with BBQ sauce.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours, until meat is tender and easily falls off the bone. Discard BBQ sauce that is left in the crock pot (it will be runny, full of the pork fat, and unusable).
- Toss or simply top ribs with remaining BBQ sauce.
Zesty No-Mayo Coleslaw
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli slaw mix
- 1-2 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar (I used sherry vinegar)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbs cup olive oil