SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Give a pint and get a pound! 22News is encouraging all of you to donate a pint of blood at the Red Cross Donor Center in Springfield Thursday, January 24th from 11AM to 6PM.
To help us celebrate national blood donor month, those who come out to donate will be rewarded with a coupon for a free pound of Dunkin' Donuts coffee.
Every two seconds, someone in the united states needs blood. A single blood donation can help save more than one life.
22News Blood Drive
Thursday, January 26th
Red Cross Blood Donor Center
3500 Main Street, Springfield
Call 1-800-Red-Cross or visit RedCrossBlood.org to make your appointment.
- Be healthy
- Be at least 17 years of age or 16 with parental consent
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
Before You Donate:
- Maintain a healthy iron level
- Get a good night's sleep
- Drink an extra 16oz. of fluid
- Eat a healthy meal
- Bring your identification
Benefits of Donating:
- It feels great to donate!
- You get free juice & cookies
- It's something you can spare