CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Take the guilt out of fries and make some healthy ones! Leslie Cerier, the organic gourmet, shared a delicious recipe for healthy sweet potato fries!
Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 cups peeled and sliced (like a French fry) yams or sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon kelp flakes
- Heat and melt coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Add yams; fry covered for five minutes or until yams are almost yellow; flip over and fry for about another two or three minutes, or until tender.
- Stick a fork in to test for doneness.
- Serve garnished with hemp seeds, and kelp flakes.
Asian Cole Slaw
- 1 ½ cups sliced Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated beets
- 1 cup sliced scallions, red onion, or chives
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tamari, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- Put all the chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil, vinegar and tamari. Mix together. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if you like.
- Serve as is, or garnished with hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds.