CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Celebrate the holiday season with a delicious homemade pumpkin soup! Tinky Weisblat, Author at TinkyCooks.com showed us how easy it is to make!
For the Soup:
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 10 to 12 ounces mushrooms, washed and sliced
- sweet butter for browning
- 3 tablespoons flour (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- about 2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- a dash of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups half and half (or to taste; it really doesn't need too much)
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup yogurt
- Chopped chives, parsley, and green onions
- In the bottom of a big pot, brown the onions and mushrooms in butter.
- Stir in the remaining soup ingredients except the half and half (or milk), in the order indicated, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Throw in the half and half (or milk) and heat just until warm.
- Mix the green sauce ingredients together and put a dollop of the sauce on top of the soup in each bowl.