CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe? Chef Franco Dell'Olio, showed us how to make Penne with Zucchini, Sundried Tomatoes, and Pine Nuts!
Penne with Zucchini, Sundried Tomatoes, and Pine Nuts
- 2 medium size zucchini, sliced ¼ inch thick rounds
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, sliced julienne
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Bring 1 gallon of salted water to a boil and cook pasta to desired tenderness, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, slice the zucchini and sundried tomatoes. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add the zucchini and cook until golden brown on each side. Add sundried tomatoes and pine nuts let the nuts toast lightly about 3 or 4 minutes. Add the black pepper, salt and parsley.
- Drain pasta. Add to the skillet add parmesan cheese, toss well and serve at once.