CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - It's 2013 and if you want to make a positive change in your life there is no better day than today. Jessica Pereplyotchik, author of "My Power to Overcome," told us how you can makeover your life and overcome obstacles.
Tips for Overcoming Obstacles:
- Be honest with yourself. You need a starting point.
- Examine the changes that you would like to make in your life. What are they?
- Setting short term/ long term goals ~ that are realistic.
- How will you reach your goals, implement changes? You need an action plan.
- Don't set yourself up for failures, having to follow through with these changes, don't overwhelm yourself. ("Mean what you say and say what you mean")
- Motivation, helping someone get motivated, why are changes necessary and how are they beneficial to the individual.
- How to deal with disappointment, struggles and obstacles along the way? How can they overcome?
- Working on restructuring your life, looking at all aspects of your life ( How will I...... )
- Giving someone the necessary tools in life to be successful in implementing changes.
- Address self-esteem, self-confidence issues and provide them with the insight that they will need to make improvements in all aspects of their life.