SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Kevin Sears, the owner of Sears Real Estate in Springfield to give us tips on buying and selling a home.
Tips for Buying a Home
- Mortgage Pre-Approval - Buyers need to meet with a mortgage officer to determine the appropriate price range based on what they can afford.
- Location - determine the location that would best suit their needs (i.e. close to work, choice of schools, near family or friends, etc)
- Wants vs. Needs - they need to weigh what features are needed in their new home, compared to the extras that they may want
- Purchase Timeline - know the timeline and meet all deadlines (i.e. Inspections, Mortgage Contingency, etc)
Tips on Selling a Home
- Price - Sellers need to be very realistic in this market and price their home accordingly.
- Curb Appeal - we need to have buyers stop (& not just drive by) and wonder if the inside looks as nice as the outside
- Staging (Interior)
- Declutter & clean
- Apply fresh paint where needed
- Move-in ready - make the home move-in ready for the Buyers, the less that needs to be done the better the chances of getting a solid offer.
- Remove Emotions - treat the deal as a business transaction in order to maximize the returns