Chef John Slattery, from ChefJohnSlattery.com, showed us how to make a Star Spangled fruit tart for Flag Day.
- .5 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp grated lemon peal
- 1/4 cup apple or apricot jelly, melted
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 cups Native Strawberry chopped and whole
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Slowly add dry ingredient to wet. add flour by tablespoon if too wet.
- Press out into circle shape, use template.
- Bake 350 for 12 to 15 minute until edges begin to brown.
- As cookie is cooling spread with frosting. Arrange blue berries leaving star shape to pour the chopped strawberries. Then decorate with whole berries and brush with melted jelly. Chill Before serving.
A preview of an event to honor and remember our gold star families of Western MassachusettsRead More »