CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Ann Macey from Ann's Table for Two showed us how to make a delicious apple tarts!
Yields: 2 tarts
- 1 large apple
- 1-2 T. Pie Spice
- 1/2 of a 9″ refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel, core, and cut apple into about 1/2" cubes.
- Cook cut apples in microwave on high for 45-90 seconds or just until they begin to soften (all microwaves are different).
- Sprinkle Pie Spice over apple, toss and set aside.
- Allow pie crust to come to room temperature, unroll and cut into 2 pieces.
- Wrap the one half and save for future use.
- Cut the remaining half into 2 wedges.
- Spray the inside of two 4-5" tart pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place one jumbo muffin liner (parchment or foil) inside tart pan.
- Place each piece of dough on the muffin liner and press dough firmly into the sides of the pans.
- Spoon apple filling evenly in the center of each tart pan and fold the excess dough over the top of the apples.
- If desired, spray top of each tart with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with about a ¼ tsp. sugar.
- Bake on bottom rack at 450 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
For more information visit annstablefortwo.com .