CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Why should you have to use your oven when you can make a delicious meal with just a single skillet! Ann Macey from Ann's Table for Two showed us how to make Asian Chicken and Noodles!
Asian Chicken & Noodles
- 4 oz. dry linguine
- 8 oz. chicken tenders
- 3 T. Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 T. chopped scallions
- 3 oz. thinly sliced snow peas
- 3 oz. fresh carrots cut into julienne strips
- 1 T. creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. vinegar (white, cider, or rice)
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chopped peanuts (optional)
- Cook linguini, al dente, according to package directions, drain well and set aside.
- Cut each chicken tender into 6 pieces, toss with 1 T. of olive oil and set aside. In a 10"-12" skillet, heat remaining oil and red pepper flakes over medium-high heat.
- When oil begins to sizzle, add chicken and scallions. Sauté for about 15 seconds.
- Stir in snow peas and carrots and reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place peanut butter in a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds.
- Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and salt. Add peanut butter mixture to skillet and mix well. Cover and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add well drained linguine, toss and serve immediately with a garnish of chopped peanuts.
NOTES: Spaghetti may be substituted for linguine.