CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Every Monday some familiar faces from 22News will be sharing their favorite recipes with you!
22News Storm Team Meteorologist Brian Lapis joined Seth and Ashley in the Mass Appeal kitchen to whip up his delicious blueberry ice cream recipe.
Brian Lapis's Blueberry Ice Cream
- 1 pint small wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sweet cream base (see below)
- Toss the blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice together in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Sweet Cream Base. Drain the juice from the blueberries into the cream base and blend.
- Mash the blueberries until pureed and stir into the cream base.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.
Sweet Cream Base Ingredients:
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Whisk the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended (about 1 minute more).
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
Keep all of your ingredients cold, as well as the ice cream maker bowl. Feel free to experiment with different fat contents with your milk and try different flavors! And don't forget to buy local!