SOUTH DEERFIELD, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Official Mass Appeal Chef Greg Monette from Chandler's Restaurant in South Deerfield showed us how to make a delicious dish off their menu!
Chandler's Apple Cider Butternut Bisque
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 3/4 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 cup chopped peeled carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2/3 cup crème fraiche or sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium to high heat.
- Add squash, leeks, carrot and celery; sauté until vegetables get soft, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in apples, thyme and sage. Add stock and 1 cup cider and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until apples are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and allow to sit for about 10 minutes to cool down.
- Working in batches, purée soup in blender or use a stick blender directly in the pot. Return soup to pan.
- Boil remaining 1/2 cup cider in heavy small saucepan until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Cool.
- Place sour cream in small bowl. Whisk in reduced cider.
- Bring soup to simmer. Mix in heavy cream.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle with cider cream.
About Chandler's Restaurant:
From traditional New England lunch fare to romantic candlelight dinners, experience extraordinary dining at Chandler's. This award-winning restaurant at Yankee Candle Village features a menu that changes regularly and one of the region's best wine cellars.
25 Greenfield Road
South Deerfield, MA 01373
It's a short drive, just take exit 24 off I-91 North.
To make a reservation call (413) 665 - 1277 today!