SOUTH DEERFIELD, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Official Mass Appeal Chef Greg Monette from Chandler's Restaurant in South Deerfield showed us how to make a delicious dish off their menu!
Potato & Cheese Pierogi
Prep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. Easy Serves: 12
Potato& Cheese Filling:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 cup farmer's cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- For the mashed potato filling, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir into the mashed potatoes, and season with salt and white pepper.
- To make the dough, beat together the eggs and sour cream until smooth. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder; stir into the sour cream mixture until dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until firm and smooth. Divide the dough in half, then roll out one half to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 3 inch rounds using a biscuit cutter.
- Place a small spoonful of the mashed potato filling into the center of each round. Moisten the edges with water, fold over, and press together with a fork to seal. Repeat procedure with the remaining dough.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pierogi and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until pierogi float to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon.
About Chandler's Restaurant:
From traditional New England lunch fare to romantic candlelight dinners, experience extraordinary dining at Chandler's. This award-winning restaurant at Yankee Candle Village features a menu that changes regularly and one of the region's best wine cellars.
25 Greenfield Road
South Deerfield, MA 01373
It's a short drive, just take exit 24 off I-91 North.
To make a reservation call (413) 665 - 1277 today!