SOUTH DEERFIELD, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Official Mass Appeal Chef Greg Monette from Chandler's Restaurant in South Deerfield showed us how to make a delicious dish off their menu!
Spaetzle (German egg noodle dumplings)
Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time 5-8 min. Easy Serves: 6
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 gallon hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix together flour, salt, white pepper, and nutmeg. Beat eggs well, and add alternately with the milk to the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Press dough through spaetzle maker, or a large holed sieve or metal grater.
- Drop a few at a time into simmering liquid. Cook 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Saute cooked spaetzle in butter or margarine. Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top, and serve.
About Chandler's Restaurant:
From traditional New England lunch fare to romantic candlelight dinners, experience extraordinary dining at Chandler's. This award-winning restaurant at Yankee Candle Village features a menu that changes regularly and one of the region's best wine cellars.
25 Greenfield Road
South Deerfield, MA 01373
It's a short drive, just take exit 24 off I-91 North.
To make a reservation call (413) 665 - 1277 today!