CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Our family style dinner series continues with easy, delicious recipes that the whole gang will enjoy! Claudine Gaj, Owner of The Magic Spoon , showed us how to make chicken taco pie and buffalo balls!
Chicken taco pie
- 4 cup diced chicken rotisserie or pre cooked
- 1 cup salsa
- 1-2 tsp taco seasoning.
- 1 can corn drained.
- 1 can favorite beans drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 box corn bread mix. (Items needed on the side of the box)
- Make recipe for corn bread mix, set aside.
- In a bowl mix together chopped chicken, beans, taco mix and salsa. Pour into 8x8 pan.
- Top with corn, then cheese and then pour corn bread mix over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Test center to make sure corn bread mix is cooked throughout.
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups sharp Cheddar
- 3 tbsp Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly sliced scallions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Blue cheese dressing
- Have oil heated to 350 degrees F.
- Pick the meat from the chicken and discard the skin. Place the chicken in a large bowl and add the hot sauce, pepper, cheese, and scallions, and toss to combine. Roll the chicken into 2-ounce balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate bowls. Roll each ball in the flour, then the egg and then the bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Fry in oil until golden brown
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and enjoy!