CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Chewy oatmeal cookies packed with walnuts and chocolate chips are not only easy to make, but your family will love the combination of flavors. Chef Bill Collins showed us how to make some of these irresistable cookies!
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Makes approximately 75 small, and 40 large cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooking oats (either quick cooking or old fashioned will work)
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla and beat until blended
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add to the butter mixture. Combine just until blended. Add in the oats and thoroughly combine.
3. Add in the chocolate chips and walnuts
4. Refrigerate the dough for at least one hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350º. Grease the cookie sheets.
6. Shape the cookies into balls; Rounded teaspoons for small, rounded tablespoons for large. Place on cookie sheets, approximately 2" apart, and slightly flatten on top, into disks.
7. Bake until the edges are slightly browned, but the cookies are still white-ish, 8-10 minutes.
8.Remove from the oven and cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to cooling racks to finish cooling.