CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Cupcakes are all the craze right now, but if you're craving something more than just chocolate and vanilla, you've come to the right place. Ashley Barton, chef/writer of Brave New Cupcakes blog, showed us how to make some cocktail inspired cupcakes!
For the center of your cupcakes!
- 1 c coconut milk
- 2 c bittersweet chocolate chips (non-dairy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 oz Irish whiskey (or more to taste)
- Place coconut milk in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan over medium-low heat. Stirring continuously, add chocolate when coconut milk has started to steam and form small bubbles along the outside of the pan (do not let it boil!). Remove pan from heat and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add vanilla and whiskey and stir to incorporate.
- Let cool completely. Pour chocolate mixture into a storage container and refrigerate for at least two hours until it has set.
- Use this hardened ganache as filling for cupcakes or between cake layers, roll into balls and dip in coco powder for a more traditional truffle, or add to your next ice cream sundae