CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Dessert is sweet ending to any meal! Ann Macey from Ann's Table for Two showed us how to make a perfect summertime dessert, a cookies and ice cream cake!
Cookies & Ice Cream Cake
- 3 chocolate sandwich cookies (3-4 oz. total)
- 1 C. whipped topping
- 2 frozen ice cream sandwiches
- Place cookies in a small zipper bag and crush with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Reserve 1 T. of crushed cookies for garnish and mix the remaining cookies with 1/2 C. whipped topping.
- Place 1 ice cream sandwich on a salad plate and spread the top with cookie/whipped topping mixture. Place the second ice cream sandwich on top and use the remaining plain whipped topping to frost the top and sides of sandwiches.
- Sprinkle the reserved crushed cookies on top of the ice cream cake. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and allow to set at room temperature for 7-10 minutes then serve immediately.
NOTES: This dessert may be frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight container. English toffee bits make a great substitute for the sandwich cookies.