CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - This week, some familiar faces from WWLP will be sharing their favorite recipes with you!
22News Anchor Elysia Rodriguez joined Seth and Ashley in the Mass Appeal kitchen to cook up her delicious recipe for Pancit Bihon.
- 1 8 oz. pack pancit bihon noodles
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 cups of chicken broth or 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cabbage, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, pealed and sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/3 cup scallions, cut into pieces
- 1 carrot, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Soak the pancit bihon noodles to soften for 10 minutes
- Grease a large pan or wok with oil. Sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the chicken broth, the shredded chicken breast and all the vegetables until cooked.
- Mix in the pancit bihon noodles and add the soy sauce, cook for about 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with sliced lemon on the side.
Elysia's Tip: Squeeze lemon into the pancit bihon before eating.