CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Many families decorate Easter eggs this time of year. But why not try some new Easter Projects that taste as good as they look? Liz Corbett, the Party Hostess Diva, showed us unique and tasty ideas!
Easter Chick Cupcakes
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- Yellow cupcake baking papers
- Yellow sugar crystals for decorating
- Mini chocolate chips
- Orange gumdrops
- Yellow tinted icing (1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (to coat gumdrops)
- Bake cupcakes according to package instructions, in the yellow baking papers. Yields 24 cupcakes.
- When cupcakes are cooled, frost them with yellow tinted icing, make a smooth rounded top. Pour yellow sugar decorating crystals into a small bowl, carefully dip the frosted part of the cupcake into the sugar until it is fully coated and smooth. Try to keep it rounded, not flat.
- Place two mini chocolate chips, point side down into top of cupcake to resemble the eyes. Cut orange gumdrops into 1/8 slices, dip in granulated sugar, and cut into triangle shapes for beaks. Place one onto each cupcake.
- In a pastry decorating bag, with a small round tip, such as Wilton #4, or a ziplock bag with a tiny portion of the corner snipped off, pipe thick lines , horizontally on either side of the "chick" for little wings. Make sure they stick out slightly past the paper. Also just a few at the top for fuzzy feathers.