CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Peter Langlois, Owner of Smithsonian Cafe and Chowderhouse in West Hatfield shared a delicious gluten-free recipe for butternut bisque!
Gluten-free Butternut Bisque
- 8 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
- 1 quart of vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups of canola oil
- 1 quart of heavy cream or yogurt
- Boil the butternut in the vegetable stock till very soft, add brown sugar and coriander and stir to incorporate.
- Mix the rice flour and canola oil in a separate pan to make a gluten free roux. Incorporate roux into soup and whisk to prevent lumping. Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool slightly and whisk in heavy cream or yogurt to cream out the soup.