CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Ditch the frying pan and greasy take-out containers and grill up a healthy alternative to fried fish at home! Kristen Davis, owner of Popcorn Noir in Easthampton, showed us how to make grilled fish tacos!
Grilled Fish tacos with Jalapeno Slaw
- 1 lb fish fillets
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 3 jalapenos
- 1 carrot
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- bunch of fresh cilantro
- salt pepper
- vegetable oil
- favorite tortillas
- Shred cabbage, julienne (matchstick) jalapenos, shred carrots and combine to create a slaw.
- In a small bowl, combine juice of two limes, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Dress the slaw with this mixture and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill on the highest setting. Generously season fish with salt, pepper, and oil.
- Cook fish on the grill until done. Cook tortillas on the grill until crisp and lightly browned.
- Strain the extra juice from the slaw and stir in mayonnaise to create a sauce
- Assemble tacos, with fish on the bottom, topped with slaw, drizzle with sauce and garnish with fresh cilantro.