Chicopee, MA - Gnocchi is a soft dumpling made from potatoes and an Italian favorite. Kristin Davis and Suzy Evans from Popcorn Noir in Easthampton showed us how to make some!
Homemade Gnocchi with Basil Pesto
- 4-5 Medium Potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Flour (2-4 lbs)
- Steam Potatoes for 2 hours with peels on.
- Remove peels and mash potatoes.
- Add eggs and parmesan cheese and then using either a ricer or a fine sieve push potato mixture through. Add flour in small batches kneading until you have a smooth dough.
- Roll dough into long chains approximately pinky finger thick.
- Cut into small "pillows" and roll with a fork.
Cook gnocchi in very salty boiling water until it floats and then continue cooking 1 minute. Toss with your favorite sauce.