CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Do you have a craving for ice cream, but don't feel like running to the store? MaryRenee Lemberg "The Multi-tasking Mom" showed us how to make our own homemade ice cream right in a Ziploc bag!
Homemade ice cream in a bag
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine.)
- Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
- 1 pint-size Ziploc bag
- 1 gallon-size Ziploc bag
- Combine the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal it tightly.
- Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag.
- Now shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about 5 minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it's done.
- Take the smaller bag out of the larger one, add mix-ins, and eat the ice cream right out of the bag. Easy cleanup too! Serves 1.