CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - It's time to satisfy your sweet tooth with some easy, fun baking tricks! Ashley Barton, vegetarian chef/baker and blogger, joined us to show you how to fill and frost your cupcakes.
Citrus Cherry Compote Filling
- 3/4 lb frozen dark, sweet cherries,
- 1 lime, juiced (save the two halves)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan (including the two lime halves).
- Cook over medium heat until the cherries start to break down and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, remove the two lime halves, and let cool.
- Prep your cooled cupcakes by removing a 1" diameter circular section from each.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of compote to each cupcake.
- Frost with your favorite frosting and enjoy!