CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Kathleen Delaney, local chef and owner of Great Grapes Catering, joined us to show us how to make our own chicken Fajita bar for Cinco de Mayo!
- 2 lbs chicken breast strips
- 1/2 tbs cumin
- 1/2 tbs coriander
- 2 Red peppers
- 2 large onions
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro chopped
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 beer (preferably Dos Equis)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Extra lemon & lime for garnish
- Tortillas for wrapping (you can use romaine lettuce as a wrap as well)
- Combine spices, olive oil, beer, juice of lemon and lime, wisk. Add Chicken and 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Slice veggies in long thin strips.
- Grill or saute chicken strips and remove from heat.
- Grill or saute veggies until tender remove
- Arrange on a platter and serve with tortillas, sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with your favorite salsa, guacamole, lemon and lime wedges.
- 4 Avocados - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Lemon juice
- Mash avocados in a bowl with garlic and lemon juice.
- Add salsa, hot sauce and salt.
- Cover and chill, or eat with your favorite tortilla chips or as a side sauce.
Mexican Black Beans and rice
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 onion
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 large cans of black beans
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 beer
- Make rice according to instructions on package, saute chopped bacon, drain fat, add chopped onion until softened add garlic, tomatoes, cilantro and beer.
- Add black beans and serve hot over rice.