CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Falafel is a deep-fried ball filled with chick-peas and other delicious flavors. Sabrina Tan from Flavours of Malaysia in Pittsfield showed us how to make a delicious falafel dish!
- 1 48 oz, can of chickpea, drain and mashed
- 1 cup each of shredded zucchini &carrots
- 2 Tablespoonful of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of ground fresh ginger
- I/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Glutinous Rice Flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 cups of vegetable oil for frying
- Plum sauce for dipping
- Mix all the ingredients except for the 2 cups of oil for frying together. Let it sit for 1/2 an hour. Form the mixture into 1" balls.
- Heat up the oil to 350 degrees. Gently put the balls in the fryer and fry to golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with plum sauce.