CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - You've thought about gifts for family and friends, stocking stuffers, and yummy snacks for everyone to eat, but have you thought about treats for Santa's reindeer?
MaryRenee Lemberg, stay at home mom and Mass Appeal viewer, showed us how to make reindeer food and a yummy Christmas breakfast casserole!
Cook Time (minutes): 50-55 min
- 7 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, combine the bread cubes and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup glitter (red is best)
- Combine all ingredients in a resealable plastic bag.
- Seal the bag and shake until well- combined.
- When its dark on Christmas eve, sprinkle the magic food on your front lawn to help Santa and his reindeer find your house.
- Makes just enough for all of Santa's reindeer