CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Matzah Soup is a staple food on served on Passover. Personal Chef Bill Collins showed us how to make this tasty soup!
Matzah Ball Soup
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chicken fat or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup seltzer, club soda, or chicken broth
- 1 cup matzah meal
- Salt and pepper
- Beat the eggs with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients. Chill for 10 minutes to several hours.
- Dip your hands in cold water, and make approximately 12 golf ball-sized balls.
- Bring water (or chicken soup) to a boil in a large pot. Add approximately 2-3 teaspoons salt. Add the matzah balls, cover the pot, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the matzah balls are soft.