SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Spruce up your recipe cards for spring with a new recipe! Sal Circosta, the owner of Sal's Bakery and Cafe in Springfield came on Mass Appeal to make a tasty chicken dish.
Pecan Encrusted Chicken with a Raspberry Honey Dijon Dressing
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spring mix
- Fresh Raspberries
- Oil for frying
- In a shallow bowl, mix together pecans, ½ cup flour, salt and pepper, sugar, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat the three eggs
- Put the remaining ½ cup of flour in a third bowl.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Lightly coat the chicken breast with flour, then egg, then the pecan mix.
- Place the coated chicken breast in the hot oil. Turn after about three minutes (golden brown).
- Place on paper towel.
Raspberry Honey Dijon Dressing
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until emulsified.
- In a large salad bowl, make a spring mix bed, then place sliced chicken on top.
- Scatter raspberries on salad, then drizzle dressing. Serve.