CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and if you want to slim down, you've got to start the day off right - without skipping out on the flavor.
Personal trainer and sports nutritionist, Jessica Francis showed us a tasty and healthy breakfast recipe.
Poached Eggs Florentine
- Sliced whole grain bread
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Roasted red peppers, cut into slices
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Garlic, chopped
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Non stick spray
- Onion powder
- Sea salt
- Boil water in bottom of pan. Spray poaching cups with non stick spray, Add one egg to each cup. Add salt & pepper to top of each and cook thoroughly.
- Toast bread to likeness
- Cover bottom of pan with olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add chopped garlic. Sauté on low. Add halved cherry tomatoes, roasted red peppers and spinach. Sauté on low. Layer fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheese to top.
- Sauté until all ingredients breakdown. Season one last time with salt, pepper and onion powder to taste.
- Chop fresh basil into large strips prepare one slice of cheese per two poached eggs
- Base plate with toast moisten toast with some of mixture juices lay two poached eggs on top.
- Top with florentine mixture garnish with fresh chopped basil.