GREENFIELD, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Chad Flasinski and Cheryl Johnson work at Taylor's Tavern in Greenfield and they showed us how to make delicious Pulled Pork Sandwich with Grilled Cesar Salad.
Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 1 pork shoulder (raw)
- 1 Lb. Brown Sugar
- 2 oz. salt
- 2 oz. pepper
- 2 oz. cumin
- 2 oz. onion powder
- 1 oz. chili powder
- 1 oz. granulated Garlic
- Mix all ingredients together. Rub pork thoroughly, making sure to rub the underneath of the flap!
- Place on the far side of the grill and cook for 5-6 hours.
- Temperatures shouldn't exceed 250 degrees.
Grilled Cesar Salad
- 2 Hearts of romaine
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 3 oz. White vinegar
- 4 oz. Grated Parmesan Romano Cheese
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper (approx. 1/2 tsp.)
- Trim brown ends of hearts. Careful not to cut so much that they fall apart!
- Split in half length wise. Mix all dressing ingredients but 2oz. of Romano, together and whip vigorously.
Once blended add to both sides of lettuce.
- Rub together, to ensure evenness, and set cut side down on grill for 45-70 seconds.
- Turn upright and add remainder of Romano cheese. Serve immediately.