CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Rice pudding can be served warm or cold and it can be served with almost any topping, so it is a great dessert to serve your family all year-round! Personal Chef Bill Collins showed us how to make this versatile dessert.
- 5 c. milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. uncooked white Arborio rice
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine all ingredients except the vanilla.
- Cook over medium or medium-low heat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Mixture may look thin, but it thickens as it cools. Cook it for approximately 30-45+ minutes. It may still have a good amount of liquid. The important thing is that the rice is cooked through.
- When the rice is cooked through, remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Serve warm or chilled.