CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - Indulge in a delicious five course meal while helping local dancers. Chef Pengyew Chin and Spectrum in Motion dance director Olivia Sabula Ilano-Davis joined us to share more about their upcoming fundraiser.
Sprectrum in Motion Dance Theatre Fundraiser
Saturday, March 9th
Beginning at 6:00PM
Asylum Hill Congregational Church
814 Asylum Avenue, Hartford, CT
Thai Tangy Seafood Soup with Scallop, Shrimp & Squid
Serving size: 4
- 3 cups chicken broth or water
- 3 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 6 quarter-coin slices fresh galangal
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 bay scallops
- ¼ pound shrimp
- 2 ounces squid
- 1 cup mushrooms
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions
- 1 tablespoon fresh hot chilies
- Place the chicken broth (or water), lemongrass, galangal and kaffir lime leaves in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, until the stock is infused with the aromatics.
- Strain the stock and return to the saucepan and reheat.
- When the stock is back to a vigorous simmer, add the scallop and shrimp.
- Soon after, add the rest of the ingredients (except the garnishes), bring to a simmer, adjust seasonings and serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, scallion and chilies.