WESTFIELD, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - We are kicking off Wedding week on Mass Appeal with a tasty wedding tradition, the wedding cake!
Andrea Regan, owner of Whip City Cakes in Westfield, shared some tips on how to choose a cake that is both pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the taste buds!
Tips for choosing the perfect wedding cake:
Top cake trends:
- Clean and Classic
- Shapely Cakes
- Stacked and Sturdy
- Themed Cakes and Groom Cakes
What to consider when selecting a wedding cake:
- Your Budget - fake cake - sheet cakes, etc.
- Overall Style
- Contemporary / Simple / Regal / Classic / Themed / etc.
- Tier Shapes
- Number of Servings and how that relates to the cake size
- Flavors and fillings
- Cake Colors
- Cake Add-ons
- Stripes / Ribbons / dots / Swirls / Flowers - fresh or sugar (remember budget) / invitation motif, etc.
- Cake Toppers
Top things to remember:
- Taste the cake
- Get a contract
- Select a style
- Size it up - price it out
- Don't forget there are ways to save
- Fondant or no fondant
- Consider the weather
- Don't forget the cake table
- Cake Topper
- Don't forget the Groom - do you want a grooms cake?
- Flowers; buttercream roses, fondant flowers, gumpaste flowers