AMHERST, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - 30Boltwood at The Lord Jeffery Inn in Amherst provides an elegant and comfortable atmosphere with an extensive menu featuring farm-fresh local ingredients.
Dino Giordano, Executive Chef at 30Boltwood at The Lord Jeffery Inn joined us to share a delicious recipe for Watermelon Gazpacho!
The Lord Jeffery Inn
- 6 cups watermelon, diced
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup toasted whole almonds
- 2-3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Chili Sauce
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup red bell peppers, diced
- 1 cucumber
- 2 small jalapenos, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a blender, add 2 cups of the watermelon and puree until liquid
- Add the remaining watermelon, tomatoes, paprika, garlic, almonds, lime juice and chili sauce.
- Blend until very smooth, at least 2-3 minutes
- Taste and season with salt and more lime juice if necessary.
- Transfer soup to the refrigerator (or freezer to save time) until chilled.
- Combine red onion, cucumber, red bell pepper, jalapeno and cilantro in a bowl.
- Mix well and serve as garnish.
About 30Boltwood at The Lord Jeffery Inn:
Inspired by contemporary wine country living, 30Boltwood is a new full-service restaurant in Amherst that offers an elegant and comfortable atmosphere. The menu places a large emphasis on farm-to-table cuisine prepared with natural, farm-fresh local ingredients.
The restaurant offers a creative wine list. Wines by the glass are offered in 2 different sized pours allowing you to sample a variety of options.
The menu also offers many gluten-free delicious options.
Chef Giordano has studied more than 100 different dietary theories from the traditional to the modern, Eastern to Western, popular to esoteric, with leaders in the holistic health and nutrition field.
To learn more about 30Boltwood and The Lord Jeffery Inn, visit www.lordjefferyinn.com .