CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) - It's never too early to start thinking about pumpkins! Susanne Gendron and Amanda Martin from the Upper Crust Bakery in Monson came on Mass Appeal to show us how to make pumpkin muffins
- 8oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup flower
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp of: baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg
- Crumble topping (see below)
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla, mix well.
- Add pie filling.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, mix well.
- Scoop into muffin papers top with crumble.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
Mix together until crumble. Sprinkle on top of muffins before you bake them.