HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut attorney seeking to sue the state for $100 million over the Newtown school shootings on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor has withdrawn the claim -- at least for now.
The Stamford Advocate reports that Irving Pinsky withdrew the suit but says he might refile. He says he received new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School and is reviewing it.
Pinsky last week asked to sue the state, saying his client suffered "emotional and psychological trauma and injury." He says state officials failed to prevent his client from foreseeable harm.
Connecticut has immunity against most lawsuits unless it gives a party permission to sue.
The state attorney general said Monday there appears to be no basis to support the suit or the state's liability.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.