NORTH ATTLEBORO, Mass. (WPRI) - A judge has lifted the impoundment of search warrants in the Aaron Hernandez case.
Judge Daniel O'Shea said the documents will be made public at 2:00PM on Tuesday to give all sides time to prepare or appeal the decision.
James Sultan, a defense attorney for Hernandez said he is going to consult with his client before deciding whether or not they will file an appeal.
Lawyers for Gatehouse Media, which represents the Patriot Ledger and Taunton Gazette of Massachusetts, as well as attorneys for the Associate Press, argued search warrants are a public document and the Hernandez case should be treated no differently.
In court Sultan said the judge should prevent a "wave of prejudicial material" from being released to ensure his client received a fair trial, but O'Shea, who originally impounded the material, said he was releasing the documents because Hernandez has since been charged with a crime.
Similar documents from the search of Hernandez's little-known Franklin, Mass. apartment were released last week.
- Ernest Wallace arraigned, held without bail
- Man Hernandez allegedly shot to testify before Grand Jury
- Hernandez associate tipped police off to secret apartment
Hernandez, 23, has pleaded not guilty to first degree murder and weapons charges in connection with the shooting death of Odin Lloyd, 27, of Boston. Lloyd's body was found on June 17 less than a mile from Hernandez's North Attleboro home.
The weekend prior to Hernandez's arrest detectives could be seen searching his home and SUV, leaving with paper bags of potential evidence.