CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) - Firefighters in Chicopee put out a fire at a home on McKinstry Avenue in the city's Aldenville neighborhood.
Police Officer Mike Wilk told 22News the fire happened at 517 McKinstry Avenue and all residents of the home had made it out safely by time firefighters arrived.
McKinstry Avenue from Arcade Street to Boylston Street is closed and will remain closed for most of the morning while the fire department finishes their work.
Officials are asking drivers to avoid the area during their morning commute.
22News is covering the story, and will bring you the latest information as it becomes available.
Chicopee neighbors come together to...
Fire at Powdermill Village apartments...
- Dozens of used needles dumped on street in Springfield
- Can businesses deny you restroom access?
- Bon-Ton stores going out of business
- 3 facing felony charges after Ludlow, Palmer police chase leads to drug bust
- Yarmouth Police K-9 Nero returns home after partner's funeral
- Massachusetts man wins second $1 million lottery prize this year
- Funeral service held for fallen Yarmouth K9 Sgt. Sean Gannon
- NTSB: 1 dead after emergency aircraft landing in Philadelphia