AMHERST, Mass. (WWLP) - Massachusetts' top leader showed his support for a new mixed-use housing development in Amherst. Governor Charlie Baker was in attendance Thursday afternoon for the groundbreaking ceremony for North Square at the Mill District.
The complex, located on Cowls Road, will not only be providing 130 new apartments, retail space, and access to restaurants, it's also boosting the local economy by providing jobs.
Twenty six of the 130 apartments will be designated for families that make less than 50% of the median income.
The community will also be pet-friendly and convenient- being located less than a mile away from UMass Amherst.
- Unwanted calls, text messages among top complaints filed with FCC
- D.A., police face off for a cause in Wiffle Ball tournament
- Cars speeding on Page Blvd. in Springfield a continuing problem for area residents
- Pioneer Valley USO holds comedy night at Log Cabin in Holyoke
- Overnight closures, cancellations on I-91 in Springfield Friday
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Justices adopt digital-age privacy rules to track cellphones
- Ex-New England Mafia boss ‘Cadillac Frank' guilty in slaying
- Vikings host NFL's first LGBTQ summit
- Driver 'distracted' in fatal autonomous Uber crash