HATFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - For the second time in two weeks, a body has been discovered in Hatfield.
Just before 9:30 Saturday night, a 911 call was made reporting a fire at the end of Bridge Lane in Hatfield.
Lt. Sean Carroll of the state police barracks in Northampton told 22News police discovered a human body was on fire. Nothing about the body is known, including the gender or why it was on fire.
The state police are investigating along with Hatfield police and detectives attached to the Northwestern District Attorney's Office.
This incident happens just two weeks after the remains of Joanne Ringer were found on Mountain Road, which is a little more than 5 miles away.
- West Springfield business receives hundreds of calls after being spoofed
- West Springfield remembers fallen officers at second Ride-to-Remember fundraiser
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge fundraiser held in Springfield
- Springfield Puerto Rican Parade Committee holds kick-off event at La Quinta Inn
- "40 Under 40" honors young Pioneer Valley professionals
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Orlando International Airport to scan faces of US citizens
- The Symptoms of Heat-Related Illnesses
- Hurricane Harvey victims hit with more flooding
- Deputy breaks car window to free trapped bear