AMHERST,Mass. (WWLP) - Strawberry season is officially underway. According to Simply Gift Farms in Amherst, strawberry season started last week.
In Massachusetts, we have a very limited window to enjoy fresh local strawberries. Simply Gift Farms has started harvesting their strawberries.
Strawberry season peaks in June, and last for about three weeks.
Each strawberry plant requires adequate soil and water to produce plump local strawberries, that you can pick and eat fresh.
"Well, the local strawberries are the best because they are super fresh and they are, and they're not bred to be able to be shipped over long distances," said Jeremy Baker Plotkin of Simply Gift Farms.
Simply Gift Farms has dedicated one and a half acres to strawberries. The farm allows visitors to pick their own strawberries.
You have a little more than two weeks to pick your own. Strawberry season ends in early July.
- Unwanted calls, text messages among top complaints filed with FCC
- D.A., police face off for a cause in Wiffle Ball tournament
- Cars speeding on Page Blvd. in Springfield a continuing problem for area residents
- Pioneer Valley USO holds comedy night at Log Cabin in Holyoke
- Overnight closures, cancellations on I-91 in Springfield Friday
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Justices adopt digital-age privacy rules to track cellphones
- Ex-New England Mafia boss ‘Cadillac Frank' guilty in slaying
- Vikings host NFL's first LGBTQ summit
- Driver 'distracted' in fatal autonomous Uber crash