LANESBOROUGH, Mass (WWLP) - There was a fire on Saturday, in the Berkshire County town of Lanesborough, and mice are being blamed for starting it.
It started at around 3 o'clock Saturday afternoon at 66 Sunrise Street.
Lanesboro Fire Chief Charlie Durfee told 22News the fire started in the attic of an old cottage that two people had just moved into for the summer.
Firefighters quickly put the fire out, and noticed that mice had chewed through the wires in the attic.
The Red Cross is helping the couple who was displaced with food, clothing and a place to stay.